- This event has passed.
2020 Air Quality Workshop – Raleigh
March 17, 2020 @ 7:30 am - 4:30 pm
Air Quality Workshop
McKimmon Center • Raleigh, NC
Tuesday, March 17, 2019
Don’t miss the 2020 North Carolina Air Quality Compliance Workshop co-sponsored by the North Carolina Manufacturers Alliance (NCMA) and the North Carolina Division of Air Quality (DAQ).
The agenda for this year’s Workshop was jointly developed by the Division of Air Quality and NCMA based on topics that previous attendees and our members told us may have the greatest impact on their operations in the year ahead.
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
- Compliance 101: An optional pre-workshop session to go over the basics including Tiered Enforcement Policy
- What to Expect from the Division of Air Quality in 2020:Insights from the Director and Deputy Director of NCDAQ
- NC Clean Energy Plan: One Year Later, next steps to address climate change and transition to a clean energy economy
- Environmental Stewardship Initiative (ESI): DEQ Resources to assist with Environmental Management Systems
- Improvements in North Carolina Air Quality: What does a bad year mean to facilities in nonattainment areas?
- Air Quality Rules Updates: including status of Federal Rules in limbo with Law Suits, Landfills, and Animal Wastes
- 112(r) Basics: Status Update, Pending Actions | Resiliency Issues including accidental releases
- Air Quality Permitting Updates: 2020 Community Mapping Program and Environmental Justice | MACT/GACT, Once-in-Always-In, and NC Air Toxics | Update on Permit Exemption Rules | Air Curtain Burner Rule Changes
- Compliance Updates & Panel Discussion: Top 10 Compliance Issues | Mock Inspection, ECHO | Source Test Overview | Public Access to Air Quality Records
- Permitting Breakout Sessions: Title V | Small and Synthetic Minor | Both sessions include mock application interview and case studies.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The optional Compliance 101 pre-workshop session (7:45 AM to 8:30 AM) is designed to provide attendees with a basic understanding of North Carolina’s processes to ensure compliance including enforcement .
The Workshop will begin at 8:45 AM. The morning session and a portion of the afternoon session will focus on issues common to all regulated air emission sources.
Later in the afternoon, Workshop attendees will have the choice of attending one of two concurrent sessions covering Title V sources and non-Title V sources (synthetic minor, small, and area sources).
The agenda provides plenty of time for questions during each presentation as well as during breaks and lunch. Additionally, attendees may submit specific questions prior to the workshop to NCMA who will then provide the questions to DAQ staff anonymously so that they can address the questions during the Workshop.
All sessions at the Workshop will be presented by the staff of the Division of Air Quality.
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
- Obtain practical compliance information directly from key regulators who administer and enforce North Carolina’s air quality programs.
- Network with fellow environmental professionals.
- Meet key regulators in a relaxed, informal setting.
The registration fee includes a full buffet lunch and breaks during the day. Presentation materials will be posted to the NCMA website for attendees to download prior to the event.
Standard Tuition - $235
NCMA Member Tuition - $200
Late Registrations (Registration received after March 2, 2020) - $285