- This event has passed.
2020 Hazardous Waste Compliance Workshop Number 5
October 29, 2020 @ 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Join us for the 28th Annual North Carolina Hazardous Waste Compliance Workshop co-sponsored by the North Carolina Manufacturers Alliance (NCMA) and the North Carolina Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ), Division of Waste Management (DWM).
The Fall series of workshops are being presented live online.
Workshop No. 5 will be held live online Thursday, October 29, 2020.
Fall Workshop Series Dates
October 29, 2020 Workshop No. 5
November 5, 2020 Workshop No. 6
About this Workshop
Generators of hazardous waste are required to train their employees involved with hazardous waste management.
State and federal regulations require hazardous waste generators to train employees involved with hazardous waste management. Facility personnel must complete classroom or on-the-job training to become familiar with proper hazardous waste management and emergency procedures for the wastes handled at the facility. In addition facility personnel must take part in an annual review of their initial training.
Now you can learn first-hand what regulators from the North Carolina Division of Waste Management expect from hazardous waste generators and treatment, storage and disposal facilities.
The Workshop is designed for facility personnel with hazardous waste duties ranging from environmental managers and coordinators to on-site hazardous waste handlers.
NC hazardous waste leadership will provide insights into policy and initiatives that affect your business. Compliance personnel will present all aspects of safe waste handling practices required for regulatory compliance. You will learn what inspectors look for at your facility through a full-scale inspection exercise. Technical support staff will discuss and interpret hazardous waste regulations as they apply to your business. Waste minimization and enforcement will be reviewed.
The workshop includes plenty of time for questions during each presentation. Attendees with specific questions prior to the workshop can also submit those questions to NCMA. NCMA will then provide the questions to DWM staff anonymously so that they can address the questions during the workshop.
- New & Proposed Rules
- Waste Identification Part 1
- Waste Identification Part 2
- Waste Minimization
- Universal Waste
- Used Oil
- Inspections Part 1: Paperwork
- Inspections Part 2: Walk Through
- Intro to Chemist & Sampling Plan Development
Cost (Fall Series Online)
Standard Registration - $175
NCMA Member Registration - $150
Late Registration (after October 23, 2020) - $225
The Workshop will be presented by the staff of the Hazardous Waste Section of the North Carolina Division of Waste Management.
- Brent Burch, Hazardous Waste Compliance Branch Head
- Heather Goldman, Eastern Regional Compliance Supervisor
- Jenny Patterson, Special Projects Coordinator
- Richard Concepción, Western Environmental Chemist
- Andrew Martin, Mooresville Regional Inspector
- Nick Guglielmi, Mooresville Regional Inspector
- Andrea Stermer, Washington Regional Inspector
- Jeff Menzel, Asheville Regional Inspector
- Wes Hare, Wilmington Regional Inspector
- Rose Pruitt, Mooresville Regional Inspector
- Autumn Romanski, Eastern Environmental Chemist
- Aram Kim, Winston-Salem and Raleigh Regional Inspector
- Dan Girdner, Winston-Salem Regional Inspector