2021 Air Quality Workshop
March 16 @ 8:00 am - March 17 @ 12:00 pm
2021 North Carolina Air Quality Compliance Workshop
Online Virtual Event
Tuesday and Wednesday Mornings, March 16 & 17, 2021
(One workshop presented over two consecutive days)
The North Carolina Air Quality Compliance Workshop will be a virtual event in 2021 co-sponsored by the North Carolina Manufacturers Alliance (NCMA) and the North Carolina Division of Air Quality (DAQ).
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
You will experience the same quality presentations and real-time interaction with North Carolina Air Quality regulators. This is a live event online from your own computer.
This 8-hour workshop will be presented over two half-days each morning online instead of a full day in the classroom.
WHAT'S ON THE AGENDA?
The 2021 workshop agenda will include updates on regulatory program components (permitting, compliance, rules) and insights into what is coming in the year ahead (clean energy initiative, DEQ leadership transitions, environmental justice). The first day (March 16) will begin with an overview of Air Quality permitting process for those new to the regulations called Permitting 101. The second day (March 17) will include dedicated breakout sessions for those interested in Title V or small/synthetic minor permitting with a panel of experts to discuss the issues that you face as a regulated facility.
Please note: The agenda is still being finalized but will look something like the draft below:
DAY 1: Tuesday, March 16, 2021 • 8:00am - 12:00pm
- Permitting 101: An optional pre-workshop session to go over the basics
- What to Expect in 2021from the Division of Air Quality (includes update on Title V fee structure and any new developments on DEQ leadership transitions)
- NC Clean Energy Update
- Environmental Stewardship Initiative (ESI): DEQ Resources to assist with Environmental Management Systems
- Air Quality Management Challenges for North Carolina
- Air Quality Permitting Updates
- Air Quality Rules Updates
DAY 2: Wednesday, March 17, 2021 • 8:00am - 12:00pm
- Recurring Compliance Issues | Source Test Overview | DAQ's Facility Mapping Tool | COVID-19 Impacts to Compliance Activities
- 112(r) Risk Management Updates
- Compliance Panel Discussion (bring your compliance related questions to ask DAQ's experts)
- Title V / PSD Permitting Panel
- Small / Synthetic Minor Permitting Panel
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
- Learn the latest updates in Air Quality Regulatory Compliance
- Obtain practical information directly from key regulators who administer and enforce North Carolina’s air quality programs
- Meet and Interact with NC DAQ regulatory staff online
Presentation materials will be posted to the NCMA website for attendees to download prior to the event.
Standard Tuition - $165
NCMA Member Tuition - $145
Late Registrations - $210 (Registration received after March 10, 2021)