- This event has passed.
2021 Water Quality Workshop
February 23 @ 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
The 17th Annual North Carolina Water Quality Compliance Workshop
About this Event
2021 Water Quality Compliance Workshop
The North Carolina Water Quality Compliance Workshop is being conducted online in 2021 to avoid mass gathering in the midst of Coronavirus Pandemic conditions. The event provides an COVID-free setting to meet state regulatory personnel and discuss permitting and compliance matters that may impact your operations in the coming year.
The staffs of the North Carolina Division of Water Resources (DWR) and Division of Energy Mining and Land Resources (DEMLR) will help you understand the laws, regulations and Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) expectations to help your organization develop the most effective compliance strategies and control costs.
The agenda provides plenty of time for questions during each presentation. Attendees with specific questions prior to the workshop can also submit those questions anonymously to NCMA to be included in the day's discussions.
You will have the opportunity to submit any questions for the workshop, when registering online.
- Division Director's Regulatory and Policy Update
- Water Quality Legal Update
- Surface Water Standards
- PFAS Investigations
- NPDES Updates
- Groundwater Standards
- Groundwater Rules
- Non-Discharge Permits
- Industrial Stormwater Overview
- What to Expect During an NPDES Inspection
- Regional Supervisors Panel Discussion/Q&A
- Register with your name as it appears on your water and/or wastewater operator certification(s).
- Include your operator ID number when you register.
- Sign in to Zoom with your name as it appears on your water and/or wastewater operator certification(s).
- Be prepared to keep your video on at all times during the workshop for visual contact.
- Be prepared to respond to random private "check-in" chats to verify your active attention to the workshop materials (note: these are not test question).
Standard Registration - $175
NCMA Member Registration - $150
Late Registration (After February 17, 2021) - $225
The Workshop will be presented by the staffs from the North Carolina Division of Water Resources and Division of Energy, Minerals, and Land Resources.
Presenters include: Danny Smith (Director, DWR)• Drew Hargrove (DEQ Office of General Counsel) • Chris Ventaloro (Industrial Hygiene Consultant, Water Planning Section) • Julie Grzyb (Deputy Director, DWR) • Mike Montebello (Program Manager, WQ Permitting) • Jeff Poupart (Chief, WQ Permitting Section) • Bridget Flaherty Shelton (GW Quality Standards Coordinator, Rules Review Branch) • Rick Bolich (Asst. Regional Supervisor, Raleigh Regional Office) • Nathaniel Thornburg (Supervisor, Non-Discharge) • Annette Lucas (Stormwater Supervisor, DEMLR) • Toby Vinson (Program Operations Chief, DEMLR) • Tom Tharrington (Asst. Regional Supervisor, Wilmington Regional Office) • Landon Davidson (Asheville Regional Office Supervisor) • Corey Basinger (Mooresville Regional Office Supervisor) • Lon Snider (Winston-Salem Regional Office Supervisor) • Scott Vinson (Raleigh Regional Office Supervisor) • Morella Sanchez King (Wilmington Regional Office Supervisor)
For Additional Information Contact: Donna Pittman at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-834-9459