- This event has passed.
Air Quality Compliance Workshop Raleigh
March 22, 2018 @ 7:30 am - 5:00 pm
2018 North Carolina Air Quality Compliance Workshops
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
- Permitting 101: Emission Sources and Insignificant Activities | Completing Forms | DAQ Online Resources | Helpful Tips [Optional Pre-Workshop Session]
- What to Expect from the Division of Air Quality in 2018
- Improvements in Air Quality in NC: What the Data Tell us and How NC Achieved Attainment
- Emerging Contaminants: A GenX Case Study
- Air Quality Rules Updates: Updates on the Startup, Shutdown, and Malfunction Rules | Rule Readoption Process
- 112(r) Basics
- Air Quality Permitting Updates: 112(j) to 112(d) Transistion | MACT/GACT, Once-in-Always-In, and NC Air Toxics | Update on Permit Exemption Rules
- Compliance Updates & Panel Discussion: Top 10 Compliance Issues | Mock Inspection | Question and Answers
- Permitting Breakout Sessions: Title V | Synthetic Minor and Minor
Don’t miss the 2018 North Carolina Air Quality Compliance Workshop co-sponsored by the North Carolina Manufacturers Alliance (NCMA) and the North Carolina Division of Air Quality (DAQ).
The agenda for this year’s Workshop was jointly developed by the Division of Air Quality and NCMA based on topics that previous attendees and our members told us may have the greatest impact on their operations during 2017.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
This year our optional pre-workshop session is: NC Permitting 101. This session will be held from 7:45 AM to 8:30 AM and is designed to provide attendees with a basic understanding of North Carolina’s air quality permtting processes.
The Workshop will begin at 8:45 AM following the pre-workshop session. Both the morning session and a portion of the afternoon session of the Workshop will focus on issues common to all regulated air emission sources.
Later in the afternoon, Workshop attendees will have the choice of attending one of two concurrent sessions.
The concurrent session for Title V sources will focus on issues specific to such sources.
The concurrent session for non-Title V sources (synthetic minor, small, and area sources) will focus on issues specific to such sources.
There will be plenty of time for questions during each presentation as well as during breaks and lunch. Attendees with specific questions prior to the workshop can also submit those questions to NCMA by sending an email to NCMA who will then provide the questions to DAQ staff anonymously so that they can address the questions during the Workshop.
All sessions at the Workshop will be presented by the staff of the Division of Air Quality.
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
- Obtain practical compliance information directly from key regulators who administer and enforce North Carolina’s air quality programs on a day-to-day basis.
- Network with fellow environmental professionals.
- Network with key regulators in a relaxed, informal setting.
The registration fee includes a hot buffet lunch and breaks during the day. All presentation materials will be posted to our website for attendees to download prior to the event. If a presentation is not available or is updated at the workshop, it will be posted to our website at a later date.
Standard Tuition - $225
NCMA Member Tuition - $190
Late Registrations (Registration received after March 15, 2018) - $275
All fees are per person. Maximum class size is 100 persons per session. No refunds for cancellations. Substitutions are welcome.
To McKimmon Center:
Address: 1101 Gorman St, Raleigh, NC 27606
Phone: (919) 515-2277
From I-40 Eastbound :Exit 295 (Gorman Street).Turn left onto Gorman Street. Go approximately 2.5 miles. McKimmon Center is on the right past Avent Ferry Rd. before Western Blvd.
From I-40 Westbound: Exit 295 (Gorman Street).Turn right onto Gorman Street.Go approximately 2.5 miles. McKimmon Center is on the right past Avent Ferry Rd. before Western Blvd.