Hazardous Waste Compliance Workshop • Concord
November 1 @ 7:30 am - 4:30 pm
Hazardous waste handlers require training to properly manage hazardous waste and respond to emergencies. Each year after initial training, they must have an annual review.
This day-long workshop, taught by NC Division of Waste Management regulatory personnel, gives you first-hand understanding of safe and proper hazardous management practices to keep you in compliance and avoid the consequences of mismanagement.
Who is this workshop designed for?
- Facility owners and operators who generate, treat, store, or dispose of hazardous waste
- Facility environmental coordinators and managers
- On-site personnel who handle hazardous waste
- Attorneys, consultants, environmental professionals who help government or industrial facilities maintain compliance
What will I learn?
- How to properly identify your waste stream
- What to expect during a full-scale inspection
- What inspectors look for at your facility
- Updates, discussions, interpretations of hazardous waste regulations
- How to apply hazardous waste regulations to your business.
- how to reduce your volume of waste through best management and minimization practices
- The fundamentals of enforcement
- How to manage universal waste, waste oil, e-waste
When is this workshop?
Thursday, November 1, 2018
Where is this workshop?
The Speedway Club
Charlotte Motor Speedway, Concord, NC
5555 Concord Parkway South
Concord, North Carolina 28027
Why Should I Attend?
- Receive comprehensive training to properly and safely manage hazardous waste in compliance with Title 40, Code of Federal Regulations (40 CFR) as adopted in the North Carolina Administrative Code (NCAC) under 15A NCAC 13A.
- Meet the regulatory staff - NCDEQ, hazardous waste management regulatory staff are real people who want to help you stay in compliance.
- You will have plenty of time during the day to get your questions answered by the people who know the answers.
- Receive the best available training at the lowest possible cost - $215 for NCMA Members, $250 for the larger industrial community.
How do I Register?
Simply go to the registration website at Eventbrite and complete the online form to secure your seat. The November Workshop at Charlotte Motor Speedway is the last training event scheduled until May of next year. This one always fills up fast, so don't delay!
7:30 AM - Check In
8:00 AM - Program Begins
- New & Proposed Rules
- Waste Identification Part 1
- Waste Identification Part 2
- Waste Minimization
- Universal Waste
12:00 PM - Lunch (Onsite buffet served by the Speedway Club)
- Used Oil
- Inspections Part 1: Paperwork
- Inspections Part 2: Walk Through
4:30 PM - Program Ends
Coffee and drinks are available at breaks in the day and a buffet lunch is served in the Speedway Club Queen Room.
Standard Registration - $250
NCMA Member Registration - $215
All Registrations after October 19, 2017 - $300
All fees are per person. Maximum class size is 110 persons. No refunds for cancellations. Substitutions are welcome.