Invites You to Join US!
If you are a Manufacturer with a presence in North Carolina,
learn what we can do for each other.
Water Quality Compliance
February 14, 2019
Science & Technology • Government Affairs
Next Meeting: January 17, 2019 • 1:00 PM
Air Quality Compliance
Crown Plaza • Hickory • March 5
McKimmon Center • Raleigh • March 19
Hazardous Waste Compliance
Wilmington, TBD • Greensboro, May 16 • Raleigh, May 30 • Asheville, May 23
- Last week, the National Association of Manufacturers (NAM) published the following article on EPA's Clean Water Rule Proposal (SOURCE: NAM, This Week in Washington, Friday, December 14, 2018) Manufacturers welcomed the release this week of the Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) proposed new Clean Water Rule, which would provide long overdue …Read More
- Last week, the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals stayed a U.S. Fish & Wildlife permit for the Atlantic Coast Pipeline (ACP) because of insufficient wildlife protections affecting approximately 100 miles in West Virginia and Virginia. In a subsequent decision this week, the same court rejected U.S. Forest Service approval to …Read More
- U.S. Army News Release WASHINGTON -- On December 11, 2018, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Department of the Army (Army) proposed a clear, understandable, and implementable definition of "waters of the United States" that clarifies federal authority under the Clean Water Act. Unlike the agencies' 2015 definition …Read More
- E&E News is reporting that the Trump administration will announce on Tuesday, December 11, 2018 a proposal to limit the number of wetlands and waterways covered by the Clean Water Act. According to E&E News, Ephemeral streams and related features that are wet only after rain events would be completely …Read More
- At its December 6, 2018 meeting, the Board of directors approved a list of priority initiatives for NCMA to address in 2019. The initiatives include legislative, regulatory, and organizational/strategic issues deemed most important by the NCMA membership. The full list is available to all NCMA members and business partners for …Read More
Who we are • What we do
NCMA is a non-profit association representing the interests of North Carolina manufacturing industries before the North Carolina General Assembly and state regulatory agencies on environmental, health, safety, energy, worker's compensation, and tax issues.