Tell your State Senators and Duke Energy
that you do NOT want to abandon long-standing ratepayer protections
in favor of multi-year rate plans that unfairly benefit Duke Energy Stockholders.
VOTE NO ON SB559!
- With the Senate bill filing deadline being last Wednesday, there was a flurry of bills filed Monday through Wednesday in both the Senate and the House. The bill filing deadline for the House is April 23. Although we are still digesting several of the bills filed last week, here is …Read More
- Five-term Commissioner of Labor, Cherie Berry will not seek re-election in 2020. Commissioner Berry made the announcement at the most recent Council of State meeting in Raleigh (Tuesday, April 2, ,2019). In an interview with the News & Observer, Berry said, "I want to leave something when I feel the …Read More
- On April 1, 2019, the North Carolina Department of Environmental Quality (NCDEQ) ordered Duke Energy Progress, LLC to excavate the eleven remaining coal ash impoundments at six sites; Allen, Belews, Cliffside/Rogers, Marshall, Mayo and Roxboro facilities. Following a series of public listening sessions in communities close to the Duke Energy …Read More
- At its March 28, 2019 meeting, NCMA's Board of Directors approved the membership of 3M. Formerly known as the Minnesota Mining and Manufacturing Company, 3M is an American multinational conglomerate corporation operating in the fields of industry, worker safety, health care, and consumer goods. The company produces a variety of …Read More
- At its March 28, 2019 meeting, NCMA's Board of Directors approved the membership of Terracon as our newest business partner. Terracon, headquartered in Olathe, Kansas, is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm that provides a wide variety of consulting services to both public sector and private sector clients. The …Read More
Who we are • What we do
NCMA is a non-profit association representing the interests of North Carolina manufacturing industries before the North Carolina General Assembly and state regulatory agencies on environmental, health, safety, energy, worker's compensation, and tax issues.