AUGUST 5 & 6, 2019
The region's most comprehensive annual event that provides current and relevant training for energy and environmental, health & safety (EHS) professionals.
- The Wilmington Star published an opinion article this past week that urges North Carolina to avoid the path Virginia took in allowing utilities to over-earn hundreds of millions of dollars at the expense of their customers. Editorial contributor, Ken Cuccinelli said, "As the former Attorney General in Virginia, I’ve been …Read More
- EPA News Release 04/25/2019 Contact Information: EPA Press Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) WASHINGTON –Today, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) released draft interim guidance for addressing groundwater contaminated with perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA) and/or perfluorooctane sulfonate (PFOS) for public review and comment. This is a key component of the agency’s PFAS Action Plan. These …Read More
- North Carolina House Bill 958 (H958) was filed on Thursday, April 25 with bipartisan sponsorship. The bill would give the North Carolina Utilities Commission (NCUC) authority to require any electric public utility to participate in or establish a Regional Transmission Entity (RTE) and appropriate $750,000 to study the benefit of …Read More
- NCDEQ NEWS RELEASE • April 26, 2019 RALEIGH – The North Carolina Department of Environmental Quality Secretary’s Environmental Justice and Equity Advisory Board will hold its fourth meeting in Charlotte on May 22. Topics for the May 22 meeting include a discussion and update on Executive Order 80 and a presentation on Charlotte’s …Read More
- E&E News reported this week that South Carolina lawmakers have been debating a move away from traditionally structured regulated electric companies toward formation of organized energy markets. Now, North Carolina legislators are beginning to ask similar questions as Duke Energy Corporation proposes a multiyear rate plan to pay for major …Read More
Who we are • What we do
NCMA is a non-profit association representing the interests of North Carolina manufacturing industries before the North Carolina General Assembly and state regulatory agencies on environmental, health, safety, energy, worker's compensation, and tax issues.